- Bell, R.E., V.A. Childers, R.A. Arko, D.D. Blankenship, and J.M. Brozena, Airborne gravity and precise positioning for geological applications, J. Geophys. Res., Vol. 104, No B7, 15281-15292, 1999.
- Bell, R.E., D.D. Blankenship, C.A. Finn, D.L. Morse, T.A. Scambos, J.M. Brozena, and S.M. Hodge, Influence of subglacial geology on the onset of a West Antarctic ice stream from aerogeophysical observations, Nature, 394, 58-62, 1998.
- Blankenship, D.D., R.E. Bell, S.M. Hodge, J.M. Brozena, J.C. Behrendt, and C.A. Finn, Active volcanism beneath the West Antarctic ice sheet and implications for ice-sheet stability, Nature, 361, 536-529, 1993.
- Blankenship, D.D., Morse, D.L., Finn, C.A., Bell, R.E., Peters, M.E., Kempf, S.E., Hodge, S.M., Studinger, M., Behrendt, J.C., Brozena, J.M., Geologic controls on the initiation of rapid basal motion for the West Antarctic Ice Streams; A geophysical perspective including new airborne radar sounding and laser altimetry results, Antarctic Research Series, in press.
- Childers, V.A., Bell, R.E., Brozena, J.M., Airborne gravimetry: an investigation of filtering, Geophysics, Vol. 64(1), 61-69, 1999.
- Studinger, M., R.E. Bell, D.D. Blankenship, and C.A. Finn, Subglacial Sediments: A Regional Geological Template for Ice Flow in West Antarctica, submitted to Geophys. Res. Let., 2000.
- Studinger M., Bell, R.E., Finn, C.A., and Blankenship, D.D., Mesozoic and Cenozoic extensional tectonics of the West Antarctic rift system from high-resolution airborne geophysical mapping, NZ J. Geol. Geophys., in review.